01 December 2011

some google book hands

I love Google books. I love it a lot.  In fact, I don't know how anyone ever managed to do research without them.  I also love how mis-scanning there are, but I do sometimes like to see latex-covered finger here and there (so long as it's on the page I absolutely need and cannot find anywhere else).  It makes the whole process seem more human.  I suppose if I saw a robot arm, I would be less impressed, but as someone who has spent too much time scanning books at our library book-scanning station, I appreciate how tedious the work can be.

From Early Venetian Printing Illustrated:
The first is from a hand holding down the sheet with the errata on it, and the page was later scanned in its entirety















They also scanned the obverse of the errata sheet to show that there was nothing on it.  That was nice of them:

The book is free on Google Books, and quite interesting.  Books about books.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment